Additional Needs Provision
In order to foster a 'love of learning’ many steps are taken to support children through their journey at Funtington School, encouraging them to always be ‘moving forward' in their learning.
We do this through ensuring that all children receive Quality First teaching, which includes differentiation of our curriculum for individuals and groups in its delivery and by outcome and also where appropriate through-
• the use of visual aids, a visual timetable & symbols
• the adjustment for varying learning styles and needs
• learning scaffolded where appropriate
• clear class routines and targets
• clear whole school/class rules and rewards
• differentiated guided reading & writing
• clear focus groups
• SEAL to develop social/emotional skills
• specific equipment in class to support learners
We believe that quality teaching is vital and will ensure that children progress well. However for some children there are occasions when further additional support may be needed to help them achieve their targets.
Please read more about how we support children with additional needs, by reading the detailed guide 'SEN information report' which aims to answer any questions you may have around how we support pupils with SEND at our school. It also provides details of who to contact should you require further information.